Thursday, May 31, 2012

Get It Back Box

So today, I was browsing Pinterest, and came across this.  I honestly thought it was a good way to get the kids to stop leaving their stuff around. My youngest will grow up knowing this system too.
I pretty much copied the entire thing, word for word, but put my own little differences in there too.

First, I just found an empty wipes container.


Then I used some left over clothes pins from my baby shower. I wrote simple, easy chores on the clothespins.

And simply copied the poem onto the wipes box with a sharpie. =)  Before I was even done making it, I had to pick up something that required a chore to get it back. Works well!!



Now when I find something laying around, I pick it up and put it in a box or drawer in my room. When they go to find it or grab it, they must draw a chore out of the "get it back box" and complete the chore before they can get that item back. 

This should help out a little with my 30 Day Challenge (see above tab). I will also be making the same chore sheets and punch cards on this same page. =)
Such a great idea, and once again, I wish I could lay claim to it's creation.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment