Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just checking in!

Today, as I take my coffee break, I decided to just check in. =) We all know that my wonderful followers (and by that I mean my one follower; thanks LeeLee) are SO curious as to what's going on in my life. *insert sarcastic eye roll here*

Little League is just about over. They played last night, but lost. The city championships start this weekend, but this being my luck, no one knows what time or where they play. Today being Thursday, a practice day, I am now not sure if there is even a practice as they played their final game of the official season last night. I guess it will be another after school scramble to get ready and head down to the practice field to see if anyone else shows up...again. Oh well. =)

My daughter's potty training is going well. She has made it almost a week without a single accident. My husband says to expect them, as it is still training. However, I think we are just about fully trained! =)

School is just about over, and the summer is about to begin. Hopefully, we will be able to get some fun time in this year. However, it still has to be the weekends (for the major fun) so my husband can join in. I was thinking of days at the park, but seeing as how one is 13, that may not be the best option. Perhaps the dogs will get walked...a lot. =)

I have also decided that as much as I love my daily routine, I am rather bored with it. I clean  the same things, every day, and in the same order. It makes for a pretty clean house, but pretty boring routine. The rest of the day is spent with a 2 year old that would rather play with my tablet than with me (Damn child friendly apps), or going into the newly decorated nursery (again...thanks LeeLee) and pulling every basket out and stringing the toys everywhere, leaving me yet another mess to clean up.

I have come to the conclusion that my dogs are determined to make me fall down the stairs. Only when I am carrying a laundry basket that, combined with my growing belly, makes it very difficult to see them in front of me.

The weather is finally taking a turn for the better. It was 80 degrees yesterday, and is supposed to be near 90 today. I am thinking that after I get through my cleaning list, I may take my daughter outside to play ball. She badly wants to be like her older brother and play baseball, even though she ends up kicking it more than throwing it. =)

I made some coasters this week. We needed them in the living room. My mother in law sent some tiles my way, some of which are claimed already by two other members of the family, leaving me with only the little ones. I just cut out a square of four tiles, and put bathroom caulking in between and let it dry for a few days. So far they have turned out pretty well. I now have a set of 7. Not sure if I meant for 8 or 6, but ended up with 7. The only thing left to do is get some felt or cork (thinking autozone) for the backing on them. I may use the left over small tiles (really pretty colors) to re-top my craft table downstairs.

I also cleaned out the garage and got stuff ready for the yard sale. That seems to be getting pushed further and further out as the Little League schedule changes. I was shooting for this weekend, but the first championship game changes that. =)

But now that I have found the bottom of my coffee cup, my coffee break is now over and I need to keep cleaning or I will lose my momentum and sit on my butt all day.

Happy spring and here's a random picture of Thomas the cat prowling my Dad's driveway. (He thinks he is a tiger!)


No comments:

Post a Comment