Thursday, May 17, 2012

Springtime

I love spring. I love the smell of the flowers, the warm days, and the sounds of the birds chirping outside my window. This is our first spring in our new house and I am very impressed with how beautiful things are turning out to be.
However, to gain the beauty, it requires a lot of work Every weekend, my family and I have been doing massive amounts of yard work, and nothing really seems to get finished.
I did find some parts of my yard that have just about taken my breath away.
This is a pink flowering dogwood that is in my back yard. Unfortunately, it only bloomed for a few weeks. It now looks dead and dry, yet there are new greens on its branches.

I am not much of a gardener, and a lot of the flowers have now seen better days, but when they first came to be, they were beautiful.













Springtime makes me grateful every year. It is a time for life, and love and hope. It is a time for renewal and progression.

HAPPY SPRING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment