Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Nursery is almost complete!

I have learned an important lesson today. There is no greater way to gain patience than to wait all day for the Fed Ex guy. Nothing bad on Fed Ex, in fact I love them! They sometimes bring packages to my house, somewhat bringing Christmas around all year.
My baby shower was May 19th and my Mother In Law (whom I love!!) got the matching bedding set to go with the room that LeeLee designed. It is called Seed Sprout Demask bedding set. It's absolutely beautiful and matches the room wonderfully! She bought (from walmart.com) the 3 piece set, the window valance, and the diaper hanger. (we opted out of the bumpers, as I feel that they are not needed and unsafe)

I was a little surprised at the size of the box.
But, the people at the packaging plant have found a way to make sure it fits!


 Luckily for me, everything came in neat little zipper bags that evaded even my daughter's sticky jelly bean-ed fingers. =)
(She refused to let me have the bedding without taking her picture, then after the picture she ran off with it, otherwise I would not have put one of her on here)
The diaper hanger is on the left, bedding in the clutches of my two year old, and the valance is on the right.



After texting my Mother In Law to find out of the bed skirt went over or under the mattress (don't judge, I am domestically challenged) I removed the mattress and placed the skirt over the frame.



After the huge task of getting my toddler to stop jumping on the mattress, I put the fitted sheet on the mattress and put it back in the crib. =)









I am also now VERY aware of my need to steam clean the carpet in this room.




I put the blanket on and was quite impressed. Everything ties together and looks beautiful.









The blanket is reversible so the patterned or dotted side could be up.





The next piece that I opened was the diaper hanger. I unzipped the pouch and pulled. No assembly required. (perfect for my lack of brain power these days)
I am unsure of where to hang it, and have texted LeeLee (as she lives somewhere around 200 miles away) but have not yet gotten a response.

I have not hung the valance yet, which is the final piece. I am now in search of curtain rods, and yet the only ones I can find in this house are the type that push into the window. =(
As soon as this is up, I will post it and the nursery will be completed (well, with everything but the baby).

Another huge thank you goes out to LeeLee for designing the room and putting in her hard work (and nearly broken back from falling off the chair while painting polka dots on the ceiling) for us. We are all very grateful!
Also, a huge thank you to my Mother In Law for purchasing the set and gifting it to us. (among everything else she does for us!)  We love you so very much!

1 comment:

  1. Gee you had to remind me of the flat on my back moment. Love the Post, thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete